Advice for GPS to use during visit to UK (Yorkshire Dales)

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Ranlee
Contributing MemberPosts: 682Gear list
Like?
Re: Hugs are always nice!
In reply to chris_j_l, 4 months ago

chris_j_l wrote:

Ranlee wrote:

Regarding roundabouts. They're really not bad at all

If you feel happy with regular roundabouts, you need to move on to big boy roundabouts.

Start with Stansted Mountfichet/Thremhall roundabout - half a roundabout inside a full 6 exit roundabout.

Once you have mastered "Take the 5th exit" on that, you can graduate to Doctoral Roundabout Navigation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Roundabout_(Swindon)

C

Wow!  Can't imagine how I missed that one every time.    I actually do like them.  It's interesting, we are putting more and more of them in around my area (Wisconsin USA) in lieu of traffic signals but what I noticed in the UK this last trip was they often now have traffic signals leading into the roundabouts.  Wasn't like that on my other trips there, in fact about 20 years ago I drove for 2500 miles around the UK and only remember seeing about five signalized intersections.  Progress eh?

Of course our roundabouts are counterclockwise versus clockwise.  That didn't bother me, I'm ambidextrous!

-- hide signature --

Randy

Ranlee's gear list:Ranlee's gear list
G1 X II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow