An X-E1 photo (xtrans1) and 2 X-M1 photos (xtrans2) - Can you tell which is which?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bowportes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,466Gear list
Like?
An X-E1 photo (xtrans1) and 2 X-M1 photos (xtrans2) - Can you tell which is which?
4 months ago

One bit of "common wisdom" that been echoed across this forum is that Xtrans1 JPEG colors were superior to Xtrans2. So I shot the same scene 3 times, once with the X-E1 and twice with the X-M1. The primary color is brown, which I think is a difficult color to reproduce naturally.

I was just curious how many of you could pick the X-E1 photo. Is it example1, example2, or example3? All shots are with Provia film simulation and the 23mm lens set to F1.8, NR-2, and DR Auto. The two X-M1 shots differ only in the Shadow setting -- on one it is 0 and the other it is -1.

No pp except that I resized them all to 70% in Irfanview.

I am interested not only in which you think is the E1 shot, but why.  Also, do you see the treatment of color as very different on the three shots?

Example1

Example2

Example3

Any takers?

bowportes's gear list:bowportes's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm X-T1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +9 more
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow