Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 15,177Gear list
Like?
Re: Using NEX-5, concerned about feel of a6000
In reply to parallaxproblem, 6 months ago

parallaxproblem wrote:

bigley Ling wrote:

The thing about the 5r and 6 is although it may have lesser build quality over the 5n, I find the built in horizon level to be indispensable for landscape photography

Me too: the digital-level/artificial-horizon control is really useful has saved a lot of my photos!

This feature is why I kept my NEX-5R instead of selling it and buying a NEX-5N, and it is also one of the reasons I haven't bought an A6000 and will instead wait for a model which does have this feature

PS. not sure if the plastic top cover on the NEX-5R/T is really necessary for WiFi as the back of the NEX-5N is plastic, which would normally allow the signal through. Sadly I suspect it was more of a cost-saving measure

-- hide signature --

DUMP the HUMP! A5000 & A6000 success.... campaign for *REAL* NEX-5 and NEX-7 replacement bodies
* newly updated ignore list: hostile responses are probably not visible to me

Me too. I decided to keep on using my metal-bodied 5R because it has a touchscreen, the power of a NEX-6 and a smaller body for the ultimate in handling. And your reasons, also. The tilting removable EVF is excellent. Just like the original NEX-5, these small metal-bodied cameras, also including the 5N and the 5T, should keep their value well!

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow