parallaxproblem
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,729Gear list
Like?
Re: Using NEX-5, concerned about feel of a6000
In reply to pixelpushing, 5 months ago

pixelpushing wrote:

parallaxproblem wrote:

Muga wrote:

I am still using the original NEX-5 14mp and thinking of upgrading, mainly because:

1) Realize I need an EVF

2) Slow AF

I've been drawn to the NEX 6 due to its EVF, but it seems the AF is not THAT much faster than what I am currently using. Then the a6000 came out and I got excited due to the VERY fast AF and its basically a NEX 6. I've never handled either camera by the way. Then I read some threads here complaining about how a6000 feels weird and hollow but I thought those people was just weird. Today I stopped by Bestbuy and picked up the a6000 and it... actually felt pretty bad compared to my NEX 5! (Sorry to those people who I thought was paranoid). The grip doesn't fit me as much and it just didn't feel as good. I wanted to try the NEX 6 but they didn't have it in stock. Now the price on EBay is barely $400 bucks, I am quite interested in it again...

So for those who have handled all three... is the NEX 6 more like the original 5 or the a6000 feel-wise?

Feel is also important to me

The original NEX-5 is very well made, the NEX-5N is also well made but the NEX-5R and NEX-5T don't have the same quality feel

The NEX-6 does not feel as good in my hands as even the NEX-5R (which is one reason I bought the 5R instead of the 6) and certainly does not feel as good as the original NEX-5. I can't comment on the A6000 as I still haven't had the chance to handle one

For the best 'feel' with an EVF either a NEX-5N with EVF (the separate EVF's can be found quite cheaply these days and are very good) or a NEX-7 would be your best bet, though neither will offer the fast AF you want

-- hide signature --

DUMP the HUMP! A5000 & A6000 success.... campaign for *REAL* NEX-5 and NEX-7 replacement bodies
* newly updated ignore list: hostile responses are probably not visible to me

How much better photos do you get with a better 'feel'?

*Yawn* - nasty sarcastic comments which land the author on my 'ignore' list

It's a hobby (for me) which means I do it for pleasure, not for financial profit

The pleasure I get from photography is enhanced by using a piece of equipment which feels nice in my hands and that gives a feeling of 'quality' when I use it.  Having a 'nice' feeling, small camera also makes you more likely to pick it up and take it with you when you go out...  you certainly get much better photos when you have a camera with you than if you have no camera

Amateur Photography is not just about the images that you get at the end, it is also about the experience of taking the photos, and if you don't know that yet then you have my sympathy

-- hide signature --

DUMP the HUMP! A5000 & A6000 success.... campaign for *REAL* NEX-5 and NEX-7 replacement bodies
* newly updated ignore list: hostile responses are probably not visible to me

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow