Why do the FIRST batch of cameras always produce nicer IQ?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,913Gear list
Like?
Why do the FIRST batch of cameras always produce nicer IQ?
6 months ago

Within the last couple of years i have noticed this change dramatically. My first formal digital camera was the D200, then came the D300 and the change began to be noticeably different. The D7000 completely different to my eyes. Yikes!!

About two years ago or so i purchased the S5 pro and i was back to heaven

When the new Xtrans camera XE1 came out i would only "hear" about it here and there, but i never really payed attention to it til recently since i sold the D7000 and i needed a higher resolution body. What i would hear and read, as well as what the sales guys would tell me at my local camera store, was that the fuji is the best for IQ alone, they are slow, but they have the IQ.

So i buy the XE1, and is great, i love the look and small compact format. Chicks love it!

Then the XE2 and XT1 come out, and THERE is that damn more digital plasticky look!!

To me that is not good news because i am looking at the future and i feel like the XE1 is the only Xtrans camera i will ever own due to the BEST look for natural skin tones and colors.

I have also seen the difference between the X10 vs the X20. The X100 and X100s, and the differences are CLEARLY there. Yes, we do get better ISO with newer cameras, but why the H**L do camera makers have to screw up the IQ instead of leaving it the way it is and just improve other aspecs of it?

I have my priorities, and they are the best possible real looking skin tones. And yes, i do love shooting jpeg at ISO 6400 indoor.

Do you guys not mind these changes at all?

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LinkNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow