POLL: How often do you shoot raw images?

Started 7 months ago | Polls thread
djddpr
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,318
Like?
Re: POLL: How often do you shoot raw images?
In reply to gardenersassistant, 7 months ago

gardenersassistant wrote:

djddpr wrote:

Nick,

Thank-you for your JPG and RAW comparisons. To fully understand the comparisons, I must know how much post processing was performed on the JPG versions. Would you be so kind as to let me know? Thank-you.

David Dollevoet

In my first post , the out of the camera JPEG versions were sent to Lightroom, where on import the Saturation was reduced (I do this as a standard import process for SX240 images.) The only other processing applied to the those two JPEGs was reducing the Highlights as described in the post, in an attempt to recover detail from the blown areas.

In my other post :

• The JPEG version shown on the left in first two pairs of images was also sent out of the camera to Lightroom, and Saturation reduced.
  • I seem to have posted the wrong image for the third pair - it should have shown the whole images after I tried my best to improve them (JPEG on the left, RAW on the right). However, it seems to be the same as the fourth pair, which shows 100% crops of part of the improved versions. I'm afraid I don't recall what processing I did to the JPEG version.
  • I suspect (but I'm not 100% certain) that the JPEG version shown on the left in the fifth and sixth pairs of images was once more out of the camera, with just Saturation reduced on import to Lightroom and Highlights reduced.

Nick,

Thank-you so much for your kind and vigorous response.  The data that you have provided will be valuable.

David Dollevoet

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow