POLL: How often do you shoot raw images?

Started 4 months ago | Polls thread
kkardster
Senior MemberPosts: 4,709Gear list
Like?
Re: Clearly the poll has spoken
In reply to treedood, 4 months ago

treedood wrote:

kkardster wrote:

I tried to edit my earlier post only 2 minutes after posting it but there's not Edit option this time for some reason. I wanted to add that I'll open a new thread soliciting general batch workflows for RAW processing that RAW rookies might use to hit the ground running.

That would be an awesome "service". I've been shooting JPG+RAW and am definitely a rookie. I've been able to use RAW to "rescue" a few problem shots but for the vast majority, the camera JPG's look as good or better than my LR5 processed RAW's. I'd love to be able to make LR presets that would approximate the camera processing. Then I'd only need to mess with the ones that needed something extra.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3674101#forum-post-53715010

A workable (for me) and beneficial workflow could move me to start shooting RAW or at least RAW+JPEG for those special occasions.  I did shoot RAW+JPEG during a trip to Greece last year but never touched the RAW files. Once I have a better feel for what RAW can do for my FZ200, I might have a few that could be improved.

-- hide signature --

Bruce
You learn something new every time you press the shutter

kkardster's gear list:kkardster's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow