Hiking/travel tripod: Sirui ET1204 or T-1205X; or Gitzo GT1542T, GT1544T, or GK1580TQ4?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
mjh04
Regular MemberPosts: 184Gear list
Like?
Re: Hiking/travel tripod: Sirui ET1204 or T-1205X; or Gitzo GT1542T, GT1544T, or GK1580TQ4?
In reply to Alan Wolf, 5 months ago

Alan Wolf wrote:

Not sure about the Cullman, but RRS is fully arca compatible, and the little head that came on my sirui t1204x holds my RRS base plates just fine.

Also, the BH25 would be strong enough for your set up. As much as I like the RRS plates and grips, from pictures at least, it looks as though the larger Fuji grip is well designed. Have you looked at that?

Yes.  I have looked at the Fuji grip, but it seems to be out of stock everywhere.  I am heading out on a trip and looking to get this in place before leaving.  The RRS quick release grip seems to be a little different size than some other arca setups and they have all of these warnings about not being compatible with a number of different arca plate manufacturers.  I am wondering is anyone here is using the Fuji plate with the RRS quick release grip.

-- hide signature --

Mike Hedge
www.thehedgepost.com

mjh04's gear list:mjh04's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow