POLL: How often do you shoot raw images?

Started 2 months ago | Polls thread
Sunny Caribe
Regular MemberPosts: 491
Like?
Clearly the poll has spoken
In reply to Tom Axford, 2 months ago

Thankfully the poll clearly speaks what paragraphs of truculence fail to convey.  A broad majority of people find value in the flexibility that raw files provide.  Having lost important photos to the detail-compressing jpeg process, I switched to raw and never looked back.

But that's just me, it's not for everyone.  I get that.

But then again, it's not appropriate to ask anyone to justify their choice in the face of scorn driven by the insecurity of those who have made a different choice.

HOWEVER, there is one common theme that deserves to be exposed and tossed out:  We continually hear people say, "Raw files are too much bother.  My workflow is simple.  I just import photos [with some cheap/free program], then I open them in [another cheap/free program], then I make some adjustments in [yet another cheap/free program] and, if needed, I'll use [any or all of several cheap/free plugins or standalone apps] and I'm done.  Whose got time to mess with raw files???"

Really, people?

Really?

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow