Can Pentax make A Decent Lens? Ricoh have not fixed QC issues...

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Trevor G
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,473Gear list
Like?
Re: Can Pentax Make A Decent Lens? Ricoh have not fixed QC issues...
In reply to awaldram, 5 months ago

awaldram wrote:

I would say your issue is perception.

the top image is your Nikon the bottom your Pentax ,

One of them is very poor even for a cheap lens and it ain’t the Pentax !

Why do you keep attacking me, to discredit me?

Why not try to work WITH people who show problems, rather than try to discredit them?  I am not the first person you have picked on...

I KNOW the Nikon is not a good lens wide open.  Overall it scored 12 on DXOMark, whereas the DA50 got 18, the same as the expensive DA55 f1.4.

I posted the Nikon so that people could see that an average lens was relatively even on both sides.

I expected the Pentax lens to be sharper, to score 50% better than the Nikon equivalent.  When I get it back (or its replacement) I'm expecting that same f1.8 sharpness right across the frame.

The Nikon costs about $120 new.  I got the Pentax for $159 new.

I didn't buy a K200D (or the DA50) to knock it - I love the look of CCD and I'm hoping it will replace my Nikon D200 for the regular, low light job I shoot most Sundays.  It's certainly got a quieter shutter than the Nikon, and based on some of the results I got 5 years ago it will provide great images at ISO1600.

I just believe that I am entitled to a good copy of the 50mm f1.8, because that's what I will be using for all inside, low light shots.

I would note the Nikon lens is clearly optically inferior to the Pentax both sharpness and aberration control is visibly lacking in your Nikon lens

I would note that too!

it appears to be a poor example of this lens.

I don't think so.  I shoot at f2.0 and the pics I take get me a lot of praise from the people I care about.

Most lenses are soft off centre, especially wide open.  I read lots of reviews

Did you say anywhere that the DA50 appears to be a poor copy?

-- hide signature --

Cheers
Trevor G
Silkypix tutorials at: http://photo.computerwyse.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow