Will Leica T Issues Identified by Reviewers be Fixed in Released Firmware?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Fogsville
Contributing MemberPosts: 532
Like?
Re: Will Leica T Issues Identified by Reviewers be Fixed in Released Firmware?
In reply to Toccata47, 5 months ago

Toccata47 wrote:

Fogsville wrote:

Toccata47 wrote:

Edit: Oh and Jeff, I thought you might get a chuckle out of this:

what happens when fashion, leica and Toronto come together-

http://torontostreetfashion.blogspot.com/2013_05_01_archive.html

I'm not quite sure what a woman who is interested in fashion and clothing and is a PhD candidate in mechanical engineering, and who just so happens to use a Leica M6 film camera, a Hasselblad, and a Minolta X-7A film camera, has to do with Leica and fashion? She says she's always been interested in mechanical film cameras (um, she is studying mechanical engineering.) Her sister is a designer and both of them are into clothing and design. These are images of a fashion event (something she's obviously interested in) and fashion on the streets, and nothing to do with Leica. I don't see any Leica cameras in those images. If you really want 'trendy and Leica' then this is a better example: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/20/fashion/leica-cameras-favored-by-celebrities.html?_r=0 On the other hand, maybe they just so happen to like well-made cameras (?)

I have been using Leica film cameras for decades and bought them because they were the smallest and most durable 35mm cameras available and with the best interchangeable optics. Now if I decide that I'm interested in how people dress on the streets of LA and become a 'street fashion' photographer, does that make me 'fashionable?' Or does it make me a 'fashionista?'

Holy cow! It's possible that in the course of your creepy and invasive background check (way beyond the about me tab) you missed the irony of using an m6 to shoot an event celebrating bespoke suits in toronto and it's place in a thread about what is fashionable. PS: didn't realize you were Jeff.

Who cares what hollywood celebrities do at a film fest? Do the represent the culture of the city they are visiting?

Creepy and invasive? I got interested in the website and simply read the 'about me' section. I assumed that was why it was there, for people to read. It's all there, nothing I mentioned was part of any 'background check.' And sorry, but there is no 'irony' in using an M6 to photograph a fashion event in Toronto. It happens to be a useful camera, and that person just so happens to use it. So what. Look how Leicas have been used over history; from news, to fashion, to movie sets, to documentary, to commercial, to art, to you-name-it. It happens to be a camera first and whatever you feel compelled to label it as, last.

And the gist of the NYT article unfortunately flew past you (and my apologies if English is your second language.) It's not about 'celebrities at a film fest' it's about Leica being interpreted by some as a "restrained fashion statement" and while using celebrities simply as one example. And I honestly don't know what "do the (sic) represent the culture of the city they are visiting" means, so I can't answer that one.

The point is that Leica can certainly be a 'fashion statement.' However, that simply depends on a particular individual labeling it as such. But it can also be labeled as a serious tool. And by itself it is simply a device that produces images.

And no, I'm not Jeff. But if you want to only address a single person, then don't post your thoughts publicly to everyone.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow