Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bigbuggy
Junior MemberPosts: 30
Like?
Polarizer for landscapes
3 months ago

I am planning a trip to Glacier National Park next month and expect to take a lot of photos as well as video.  Will be using several different lens on my Canon DSLR, 12-24, 18-55, 28-75 and maybe 85mm 1.8 .  Would like to take something longer like 70-300 but size and weight may not be in my bag space.  I have shot landscapes of mountains, lakes and streams for many years but have rarely ever used a polarizer.  I went outside today and took a few shots in bright sun around home  and down loded the raw files in DPP and compared to shots without the polarizer and dont really see much advantage.  The color takes on a bluer cast and I have a difficult time getting the color balanced.  I would like to hear from some of you who shoot landscape and nature photos  to tell me if you use a polarizer for this type of work and if you are experiencing color balance correction difficulties and if you find using a polarizer  as an advantage.  It does cost you two stops of light so if it does not produce better color it is not worth it.  Thanks

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow