Hiking/travel tripod: Sirui ET1204 or T-1205X; or Gitzo GT1542T, GT1544T, or GK1580TQ4?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
mjh04
Regular MemberPosts: 198Gear list
Like?
Re: Hiking/travel tripod: Sirui ET1204 or T-1205X; or Gitzo GT1542T, GT1544T, or GK1580TQ4?
In reply to TravelLight, 7 months ago

I have been reading and studying the responses on this thread over the past week. After doing some research I am leaning toward the Gitzo GT1542T and am now looking at ballheads to go with it. I think I like the Really Right Stuff BH-30 LR which has the quick release lever looks like a good match, but am not 100% sure on this. I definitely want an Arca compatible setup. There may be other small ball heads for me to still research, but my question is regarding the plates. RRS seems to not have an X-T1 plate in stock and the Fuji base plates seem to be backordered or in short supply everywhere. I also read about RRS B2-40 LR quick release plate not being compatible with a number of Markins, AcraTech, Arca-Swiss, and some Kirk plates.  Anyone have experience with using some of the generic Arca compatible plates that can recommend a specific generic plate to use with my X-T1 and X-E2 to use with the RRS quick release plate?  Or should I go a different route for a compact ball head and plates?  Thanks.

-- hide signature --

Mike Hedge
www.thehedgepost.com

mjh04's gear list:mjh04's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow