Placed order for PC Buff's E640 and CyberCommander, what else do i need for Home Studio?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
holyindian
Regular MemberPosts: 234Gear list
Like?
Placed order for PC Buff's E640 and CyberCommander, what else do i need for Home Studio?
5 months ago

Hi all,

I have placed orders for two PC Buff Einstein 640's, CyberCommandder and two CyberSync Receivers. Earlier i had ordered the ABSL Ravelli Backdrop Kit (quality stuff), and a telescoping crossbar. Now i am looking forward to get the addional accessories such as the softboxes or diffusers or umbrellas etc.. For now the plan is to shoot family portraits mainly 3 people to 5 people max (5 will be rare). There is tons of information out there, can confuses me to the max, and tons of accessories. However if you were in my spot what are the things you'd buy.

The shooting area is around 15 feet long by 8 feet in width. Its a make shift arrangement, and i will stuff everything back once session is done, at a later date when we move to the new home, we'll make this semi-permanent in our basement, but thats still 2 years.

I dont mind paying a little extra if the setup is good, that can be a bit future proof. But dont want to either pay for something that wasnt necessary and alternatives can provide same result.

Please guide, you all have been great on this forum as usual, all that i know today a bit in photography is to all the members who helped me with great support.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. This is a side note, when i was placing the order at PC Buff, i was told i might need these if i want a great setup. the operator sent me an email of the things i could get along with the rates.

Quantity Item Description Price
1 11LTR 11" LONG THROW REFLECTOR 29.95
1 8.5HGSET 8.5" 15 & 30 DEGREE HONEYCOMB 39.95
GRID SET
1 8.5HOR 8.5" HIGH OUTPUT REFLECTOR 19.95
2 E640 EINSTEIN 640 STUDIO FLASH 999.90
1 VM120 VAGABOND MINI LITHIUM 120 VAC 239.95
1 CC CYBER COMMANDER 179.95
2 CSXCV CYBERSYNC TRANSCEIVER MODULE 59.90
2 PCBBAG EINSTEIN/ALIENBEE SINGLE LIGHT 25.90
CARRY BAG
2 PLM64-WFDF 64" WHITE FRONT DIFFUSER 31.90
FABRIC
1 PLM64U-S 64" PARABOLIC UMBRELLA EXTREME 59.95
SILVER W/ BUFF SPEEDRING
1 PLM64U-SS 64" PARABOLIC UMBRELLA SOFT 59.95
SILVER W/ BUFF SPEEDRING
-1 AD ACCESSORY DISCOUNT -50.74

holyindian's gear list:holyindian's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow