Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cmac77
Forum MemberPosts: 76Gear list
Like?
Wasted space
2 months ago

I figured I would engage with some community spirit and do some voting in a challenge.  Fairly rapidly I gave up because any portrait-oriented photo is partly off screen and I got fed up having to scroll down to see the whole of the picture over and over again.

If this was because it was a large photo then that's just how it goes but these are all sized similarly.  So I wondered 'why, when this is supposed to be about viewing photos, does the photo itself not actually start until half way down the screen?'

Well, here's a screen capture of everything that is above the photo.

See that vast expanse of grey at the top?  All that is doing is forcing people to scroll down to get to content.  I'm using a 19" monitor so this is even worse on a smaller screen.

I appreciate that the rest of the clutter at least has some purpose but I would think that removing that empty area at the top would be a very simple and trivial way to make the site much easier to use.

cmac77's gear list:cmac77's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow