Is this forum quietening down?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
JGoodard
Forum MemberPosts: 79Gear list
Like?
Re: Is this forum quietening down?
In reply to henryk1, 7 months ago

henryk1 wrote:

"Too many uninspired shots of birds and brick walls?" Is this a forum solely for expert, experienced, wealthy and arrogant photographers only? Should we beginners who are seeking kindly advice go elsewhere and leave the Exalted One Per Cent to rule the roost?

I would hate to think that. I would hate to lose the good counsel of Brandrx and many other photographers who approach every shot as a teaching moment.

Actually, going elsewhere to learn about photographic technique after (of course) routinely shooting pics, is highly recommended.

The forums here on DPR under the heading "Photography and Techniques" is a fine place to start. The same applies, obviously, to PF and any and all other online Photography forums that focus on technique.

Flickr is my fave photo site to peruse for long periods of time. When I see a pic that makes me wonder "how can I do that?" I recognize the opportunity to learn another technique and additionally to refine my own.

K5-II is my first DSLR. I put just enough research into that matter solely in order to determine whether or not the camera body was right for me. After answering in the affirmative, everything else is now a question of light, not so much tech. The latest gear is mostly irrelevant. Having a camera body paired with the right lens should result in years of good use before even having to think about possible upgrading.

JGoodard's gear list:JGoodard's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Pentax K-5 II Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR HD Pentax DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED WR Corel Aftershot Pro +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow