Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ferguson
Regular MemberPosts: 429
Like?
Baseball cards - raw?
6 months ago

Has anyone shot for baseball cards from one of the card companies (I think it's going to be Grandstand but not sure).

I ask because the team I shot for is asking for raw images.  I have no real philosophical issue with that (i.e. the old "I never give anyone raw, it's my negative" argument just doesn't matter to me).

But I have a real issue with putting my name on shots where they do the post processing.  OK, so maybe that's similar to the raw issue, but slightly different.

I'm wondering if somewhere in the food chain there's been a communication issue - do they really want RAW images?   Maybe they are trying to say TIFF and it's coming out RAW.

Anyone know?   I'm trying to push back and maybe talk to someone who can say why, but wondering if there is a common practice.

PS. Again, this is not about money or licensing or such, please don't turn this into that discussion.  That's an interesting topic, just not this one.

-- hide signature --

--

Comments welcomed on photos: http://www.captivephotons.com

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow