Should i exchange my canon 17-55 2.8 for another one? Would you?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Cameranoobie
Regular MemberPosts: 310
Like?
Re: Have you tried shooting with it?
In reply to Josh152, 4 months ago

Josh152 wrote:

ZX11 wrote:

Mark B. wrote:

Did you buy a lens to inspect it with a flashlight or shoot photos with it? I suggest shooting under various conditions and various f-stops to see if the dust shows in the images. If not, it's nothing to worry about.

Mark

True. And the OP is happy with the photos he took with it. However, can noobies expect to upgrade to better lenses that are dirty right out of the box? Is the 70-200mm f2.8 IS II built in a farmyard barn while the kit lens is built in a clean room?

You pay a lot of money for a better lens, why should you expect it to be dusty inside where your cheap lens that came with the camera is clean inside? Shoot, none of my three cheap lenses has dust inside that I can find.

This is not exactly the pleasing experience you get when opening the box of an Apple product.

I am looking at this lens as an upgrade to my kit lens and 50mm f1.4, so I am interested in how this works out.

I agree with what you are saying. IMO regardless of the impact on the images, it is not unreasonable to expect a brand new lens that is nearly $900 to be clean and dust free inside when you take it out of the box. They would come that way too if more people returned such lenses and demand clean ones instead of just saying "That's just the way it is, oh well."

Yes and that is exactly why im questioning where these lenses are manufactured.  Its obviously not the super air tight dust free environment like Foxcon, where apple devices are made.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow