Will Leica T Issues Identified by Reviewers be Fixed in Released Firmware?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Toccata47
Senior MemberPosts: 2,235
Like?
Re: Will Leica T Issues Identified by Reviewers be Fixed in Released Firmware?
In reply to jeff hladun, 7 months ago

jeff hladun wrote:

Daedalus2000 wrote:

Do you really believe that this forum is full of fashionistas? Did not think so...

Hear, hear! It's always puzzling to see this sort of comment about Leica "bling" on the forum. I don't know anyone here who feels that way, and everyone I've met on the streets of Toronto who were carrying a (Leica) rangefinder, were certainly not the fashionista type.

Where did this strawman come from, anyway? Are there countries somewhere in the world where a person would hang a rangefinder around their neck as a fashion statement? Are there medical conventions where doctors walk around with M-bodies?

If there are, I'd really like to know.

Oh please. Artist and artisan, luigi cases, soft releases. There's an entire industry that caters to this.

There's a world of difference between someone that buys something because it is desirable (fashionable) and someone that buys something for the sake of being desirable (fashionista).

I don't see this as polemic at all.

I have no idea if orange and yellow are fashionable this season, but both cases are coming with my silver T.

Edit: Oh and Jeff, I thought you might get a chuckle out of this:

what happens when fashion, leica and Toronto come together-

http://torontostreetfashion.blogspot.com/2013_05_01_archive.html

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow