Went to another group photowalk and once again I did not enjoy it. Is it just me?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cameranoobie
Regular MemberPosts: 347
Like?
Went to another group photowalk and once again I did not enjoy it. Is it just me?
7 months ago

Im mostly into portrait photography, but im trying and wanting to open my interests up and get into landscape. A couple nights ago i went to another photography group meetup, this time it was a photowalk through a run down part of town shooting scenery. Old railroads, dirt, construction, nothing overly interesting. I went because im trying to get into landscape more but geez I should have stayed in. There were 5 others plus me and i was bored out of my mind. We walked about 2km and about half way there I was just anxious to get to our end spot. I took shots but i just didnt have the excitement inside me that I get when i shoot people. I felt like I had a dead rat in my stomach, no excitement for what i was shooting. Even worse was that the organizer kept telling me what to shoot. Bla blah blah. Ill shoot what i want to shoot! Stop giving me directions.

I dont know what it is, but unless there is people and kids or interesting scenery and subjects, it seems these photowalks dont do anything for me. My god, it was one of the most boring nights of my life.  I enjoy the walk itself, but the scenery was like watching paint dry.  Anyone else feel the same way?

How do you like your photowalks?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LOLNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow