Debating btw D600 and Mirrorless (Sony A6000 and Fuji M1)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Abram1
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
Debating btw D600 and Mirrorless (Sony A6000 and Fuji M1)
2 months ago

I am an advanced hobbyist with a Nikon d600 (new shutter no oil spots) and the kit lens and a 85mm. Previously had a 24-120mm but it was really heavy.

I take my camera when I travel - so lots of family shots, aquarium, city, and mountain hiking photos.

I usually adjust the settings whether ISO, weighting, focus, aperture, fill flash, or fully manual.

All shots are JPEG with no post processing OOC

When traveling there are so many different conditions that are challenging.

I love the final shots. The Pop of the colors, they just seem alive. The dynamic range, the sharpness, and the beautiful low light. I easily go up to 6400 for non portraits no proble.

The problem is the weight and bulk, especially traveling.

I played around with a fuji m1 on a trip to Italy and I was really pleases with OOC JPEGS. During the trip I began putting it on fully auto and the camera delivered results I was very happy with.

But I've struggled with the m1 with focusing for family shots, especially the built in flash I find lacking. I tried the e2 but adjusting all the settings took too much time.

I'm now looking at the a6000 with the 16-70mm lens. I would love the weight and focusing system, but wonder how much I'll be giving up in terms of image quality for OOC JPEGS?

I'm scared of lifeless,dull photos. Or images and colors that don't pop.

I view most pictures on the computer and print some 8 x 10.

I would appreciate advice from this forum for any experienced these camera systems before I decide to purchase or not.

Thanks!

Nikon D600 Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow