Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TeeTime
Regular MemberPosts: 389Gear list
Like?
Use D600 to help assess mixed lighting?
7 months ago

I am thinking I might be able to use my D600 to help me evaluate the color temperature of a mixed lighting site IF I can determine in-camera the Kelvin setting the camera selects when I do a manual white balance preset. Is there a way to get the Kelvin setting for a preset white balance in-camera?

Background
Basically what I want to be able to do is determine the color temperature of an office with the overhead lights (probably fluorescent) on and off in a pre-shoot visit to the site so I can determine ahead of time what lighting to use and how to gel it. I know there are color meters designed for this but I don't have one and am hoping I can use my cam as a work around until I get one. I suppose I could take a series of images, each with its own preset wb, and then examine these in Lightroom to determine what the Kelvin value was, but I would prefer to have this information while at the site. Suggestions?

-- hide signature --

Jerry

TeeTime's gear list:TeeTime's gear list
Nikon D100 Nikon D200 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +1 more
Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow