Can Pentax make A Decent Lens? Ricoh have not fixed QC issues...

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Trevor G
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,473Gear list
Like?
Re: Can Pentax make A Decent Lens? Ricoh have not fixed QC issues...
In reply to RPulley, 7 months ago

RPulley wrote:

the product (Kool-aid, actually) is an American one.

It is also not a slur as much as a description of behavior and it has its origin in a historical event:

"Drink the Kool-Aid" comes from the 1978 tragedy at Jonestown, where, at the urging of their spiritual leader Jim Jones, over 900 people drank cyanide-laced Kool-Aid and died. Since that infamous event, the phrase drink the Kool-Aid eventually came to mean to follow someone (or some school of thought) blindly, without question.

Jonestown was a peculiar sign of American madness and will always be very remote from Australia. It's a derogatory expression, isn't it.  You weren't trying to flatter or commend me by using it, were you?  But thanks for the historical backgound...

Explain as much as you want, like a few others here have stated, you are not going to convince me that the Nikon 50 image isn't softer on the left that the right. If you wanted to make your point, you chose the wrong Nikon lens.

<Yawn> The Pentax is very sharp on the left, though!

I suppose half a good lens is better than none.  I'll call them up tomorrow and see if they can supply the other half.

PS  Love the fact that you cannot see a problem with the Pentax lens!  Maybe you really are one-eyed?

-- hide signature --

Cheers
Trevor G
Silkypix tutorials at: http://photo.computerwyse.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow