C&C HS Baseball

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
SergioSpain
Regular MemberPosts: 405Gear list
Like?
Re: C&C HS Baseball
In reply to smartwater, 3 months ago

having never shot baseball, take this with a grain of salt but...

You might want to add some +EV to your shots to make sure the faces are properly exposed, or fix in post if you shoot RAW.

Chain link fences in the background are an eyesore, but I don't know that you can do much about it. Maybe look for another position or try to blur it out using DOF.

I would be a bit weary of the advice to "clone out" distracting elements in the background. I'm pretty sure pros can't do that for ethical reasons. I'm not saying you can't or shouldn't, but it's something you should at least give some thought to before you go down that road.

One advantage of baseball is that when shooting the batter, you know exactly where he's going to be, so experiment a little. Try different apertures and shutter speeds. Maybe try to go for the zooming effect. Same thing with runners, you know exactly what path they're gonna take to get to first base. So maybe you can try some panning shots. You have lots of different ways to experiment.

SergioSpain's gear list:SergioSpain's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED-IF VR +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow