Can Pentax make A Decent Lens? Ricoh have not fixed QC issues...

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
RPulley
Senior MemberPosts: 1,033
Like?
Re: Can Pentax make A Decent Lens? Ricoh have not fixed QC issues...
In reply to Trevor G, 6 months ago

Trevor G wrote:

RPulley wrote:

It seems that the Nikon cool-aid has strong optical filtering properties....

I'm an aussie so the kool-aid slur doesn't actually mean anything.

I even asked my wife, who is american, and she could really explain it to me either. But I know it's a slur, probably a bit like reminding folk that Ghandi used to drink his own urine, I guess.

If you are referring to the fact that the Nikon is soft on both sides then you are right, but I don't use it at f1.8. It's better at f2.0

In fact, both the Pentax and Nikon 50mm lenses work quite well at f2.0 closeup in low lighting, which is where I use them. However, since the Pentx is so obviously good on one side and bad on the other I would like to get my money's worth!

I hope that's ok!

-- hide signature --

Cheers
Trevor G
Silkypix tutorials at: http://photo.computerwyse.com

It has little or nothing to do with being American, other than the product (Kool-aid, actually) is an American one.

It is also not a slur as much as a description of behavior and it has its origin in a historical event:

"Drink the Kool-Aid" comes from the 1978 tragedy at Jonestown, where, at the urging of their spiritual leader Jim Jones, over 900 people drank cyanide-laced Kool-Aid and died. Since that infamous event, the phrase drink the Kool-Aid eventually came to mean to follow someone (or some school of thought) blindly, without question.

Explain as much as you want, like a few others here have stated, you are not going to convince me that the Nikon 50 image isn't softer on the left that the right. If you wanted to make your point, you chose the wrong Nikon lens.

Ray

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow