Can Pentax make A Decent Lens? Ricoh have not fixed QC issues...

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
DAVID MANZE
Senior MemberPosts: 1,506Gear list
Like?
Re: Even in its smudginess, the Nikon is not symmetric either
In reply to Leandros S, 3 months ago

Hi Trevor,

Before getting too involved in lens tests showing pictures on this site where it's difficult to see faults due to compression/posting/ different peoples screens etc, try using distant scenes where the focus will be effectively fixed on infinity, it will be shots like this which show decentering most obviously because you will always be at the center point relative to infinity so there's no skewed shots, distant trees etc show blur very well.

Rely on your "own" opinions and decide calmly,  there are a lot of defensive people here who don't want to hear any criticisms against Pentax and can conclude that you are searching for problems and the like. I put forward my experiences just to find myself labeled as someone who just looking for faults. Lastly if you decide to return the lens then do it, there are plenty of others out there which perform up their specs.

Good luck, your better placed to see your images than anyone else.

-- hide signature --

Dave's clichés

DAVID MANZE's gear list:DAVID MANZE's gear list
Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow