645Z - medium format for the masses - is there still a market for a D4x?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
tex
tex
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,293Gear list
Like?
Re: 645Z - medium format for the masses - is there still a market for a D4x?
In reply to ultimitsu, 6 months ago

Despite what people have been arguing, Canon has no resolution problem. 5D3 and 6D both provide very adequate resolution for over 99.9% professional work

Hmmmm.....I think that is an exaggeration by a good margin. I suppose you have some statistics for this....?

and exactly 100% hobbyist work.

That one is probably closer to the mark, in that there are some things that can be said about hobbyist work that pertain, such as print sizes and other display matters, beyond an actual statistical sampling.

I have never came across a person telling me 20 MP wasnt enough for what he was doing.

Congratulations.  You just did.  Funny, I guess it has to do with the circles you travel in, because I know a group of people just in my own area who really want something in the 50-100+/- range for at least some of what they do.  I can already see that my recent jump from 24 to 36 made a difference, a very desirable difference.  Also there is just the matter of the physical sensor size, which you are ignoring.  Given equal tech in 2 sensors of different sizes, the physically larger sensor performs better.

No one helps their arguments through overstatement or hyperbole, and this applies to yours as well.  And I've lived long enough now to understand that I can't speak definitively for other people and their needs.

-- hide signature --

tex_andrews, co-founder and webmaster of The LightZone Project, an all-volunteer group providing the free and open source LightZone photo editing software. Personal website: www.texandrewsart.com
"Photography is the product of complete alienation" Marcel Proust
"I would like to see photography make people despise painting until something else will make photography unbearable." Marcel Duchamp

tex's gear list:tex's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Pentax 645Z Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Rokinon T-S 24mm 1:3.5 ED AS UMC +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow