ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JSN2013
New MemberPosts: 10Gear list
Like?
Help on Camera Bag and fourth lens
3 months ago

Hello all,

I currently use a Nikon d610 and 2 main lenses (16-35f4 and 70-200f4), plus 3 filters. Sometimes I use a grip and a Flash (sb-700), not always. I have also a 24-85vr, but only use it for family photos.

I am looking for a camera bag and would like to listen to some suggestions. I surelly don't want anything big, since I don't want to call attention when taking street photography. Let us consider the body+2main lenses only.

In this sense, I am looking for a shoulder bags (saw good reviews on lowepro messenger 160aw and thinktank retrospective 5 and 7). Of course the smaller the better but don't want to have everything squeezed into my bag. In terms of the retrospective, I couldn't find out which could fit that bofy+2lens combo. Some people say it is the 5 and othersm the 7.

In terms of backback or even a sling bag, it is also a possibility. I currently own a transit backpack 350, but I think it is huge and never take it with me. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Second question I have is with regards to a lens to make as a second option to the 70-200f4 which I think it is too big for traveling. given that I love macro and also the 16-35, i thought of having either the new Tamrom 90 or a 105micro from nikon. The idea is to have something smaller (and possibly lighter) for a 2 lens combo for traveling. The macro lens should also be used as a longer focal lenght for portraits, since the 16-35 is too wide.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

All the best,

José

JSN2013's gear list:JSN2013's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR Nikon D610
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow