645Z - medium format for the masses - is there still a market for a D4x?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ultimitsu
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,592
Like?
Re: 645Z - medium format for the masses - is there still a market for a D4x?
In reply to Dave Luttmann, 4 months ago

Dave Luttmann wrote:

ultimitsu wrote:

Dave Luttmann wrote:

sandy b wrote:

I'm sure its a fine camera, but its heavy and slow, (I know, not for MF). Its also ten grand with a lens, so, I think it will be a slow seller, but will make its mark,

Well, a D800e with a nice lens is $5000+.....not exactly cheap either.

D800e system is super cheap compared to 645Z. Everything is about 1/3 the cost.

I think a D4x would sell just fine. Between Sony, Pentax a Nikon....it appears the real question is where it leaves Canon with their low rez bodies and limited dynamic range.

Canon will survive just fine. 2 years on since 5D3 and Canon is still the undisputed King in the FF DSLR world.

king of what? Not image quality.

Check their sales and market share. Canon is the King.

Despite what people have been arguing, Canon has no resolution problem. 5D3 and 6D both provide very adequate resolution for over 99.9% professional work and exactly 100% hobbyist work. I have never came across a person telling me 20 MP wasnt enough for what he was doing.

Lowest resolution DSLRs.. For landscape photography, the true kings are Pentax, Sony and Nikon.

So you agree that 5D3 and 6D both provide very adequate resolution for over 99.9% professional work and exactly 100% hobbyist work.

Canon does have a DR problem, but since 6D the problem hasnt been as bad. Canon's other strengths more than make up for the DR weakness.

What other strengths?

Better telephoto lens from 100mm upwards, better 24-70, better macro lenses, better video, more accurate AF, better touch screen, better liveview, better wifi implementation.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow