Can Pentax make A Decent Lens? Ricoh have not fixed QC issues...

Started May 18, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Senior MemberPosts: 2,935Gear list
Re: Can Pentax make A Decent Lens? Ricoh have not fixed QC issues...
In reply to Trevor G, May 19, 2014

Trevor G wrote:

RPulley wrote:

It seems that the Nikon cool-aid has strong optical filtering properties....

I'm an aussie so the kool-aid slur doesn't actually mean anything.

I even asked my wife, who is american, and she could really explain it to me either. But I know it's a slur, probably a bit like reminding folk that Ghandi used to drink his own urine, I guess.

If you are referring to the fact that the Nikon is soft on both sides then you are right, but I don't use it at f1.8. It's better at f2.0

In fact, both the Pentax and Nikon 50mm lenses work quite well at f2.0 closeup in low lighting, which is where I use them. However, since the Pentax is so obviously good on one side and bad on the other I would like to get my money's worth!

"I hope that's ok!"

-- hide signature --

Trevor G
Silkypix tutorials at:

-- hide signature --

It's certainly OK by me and that's how it should be,I've spend good money and a lot of time to get decent sharp lenses that are up to spec, returns, long waits, phone calls to service depts etc, finally I think I now have them, was it worth the aggravation? Absolutely and certainly! no doubt about it.

So good luck with your replacement lens!

BTW. The kool-aid slur flew straight over my head as well.

Dave's clichés

DAVID MANZE's gear list:DAVID MANZE's gear list
Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Pentax K-01 Nikon D7100 Pentax K-3 Nikon D750 +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow