Can Pentax make A Decent Lens? Ricoh have not fixed QC issues...

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Trevor G
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,473Gear list
Like?
Re: Can Pentax make A Decent Lens? Ricoh have not fixed QC issues...
In reply to DAVID MANZE, 5 months ago

DAVID MANZE wrote:

The bottom line is that it is us the customer who is the quality controller, if we say nothing, nothing will be done, so if you find yourself with a decentered lens send it back, lens manufacturers know they are making lots of below par optics so return them!

Thanks Dave - that looks like a good analysis of what happens.

I have sent sample pics to CRK so it will beintersting to see how they respond.

I am somewhat experienced with this sort of problem with them, so it will be very interesting to see if they have learned anything in the last 4 years or so.

Previously I sent a Sigma 17-70 and a DA16-45 f4 to them with sample station pics, but not one of the mixing panel.  The station pics were very obviously OOF on one side and sharper on the other.

They sent the lenses back complete with a test shot of their centre-only tarrget test firing range, with a note that they had adjusted the lens for correct focus.

Of course, because they don't use a 3 point (centre, left and right) target their test methodology never finds a decentred lens.

Like most service centres and warranty providers, rather than try to identify a fault and deal with it it's in their interests to notfind a fault, and return an item as OK. 

-- hide signature --

Cheers
Trevor G
Silkypix tutorials at: http://photo.computerwyse.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow