Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Charles Chien
Contributing MemberPosts: 982Gear list
Like?
Mockingbird In Flight with A6000
3 months ago

I just recently received my A6000. Today I got some interesting shots of mockingbird doing its mating flight - it sings and then does a elliptical flight pattern landing on the same spot it starts.

I thought it was an interesting behavior that I put a sequence of such flight in a single photo. The lens used was a Nikon 400mm f4.5 @f5.6 (old manual focus) sitting on a tripod. This first shot shows how fast A6000 is - I am really happy with its speed.

Sony A6000, Nikon 400mm f3.5 AIS at f5.6, 17 photos combined without repositioning the bird in the frame

Here is another one with the same setting, but with only a few frames with the bird repositioned to minimize the overlap.

Sony A6000, Nikon 400mm f3.5 AIS at f5.6, 9 photos combined with repositioning the bird repositioned  in the frame to minimize overlap

Thanks,

-- hide signature --

Charles

Charles Chien's gear list:Charles Chien's gear list
Casio Exilim EX-FH25 Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 20D Sony Alpha NEX-5 +12 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow