Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
evancj
Senior MemberPosts: 2,200
Like?
A drive to my Moms house (SX50)
6 months ago

I took a drive to my Moms house yesterday to do some yard work for her.

Of course me being me; I had to stop and take a few short walks and some photos on the way there and back.

Here are some photos of some of the things I saw along the way.

I stopped near the south end of the Great Salt Lake to get this shot of an old beach resort called Saltair. My mom live another 20 miles south in the valley between the 2 mountain ranges shown.

A couple of red heads in a pond near the lake.

A canyon near my moms house. My original plan was to dive up and over the canyon, into the Salt Lake valley but it was still closed for the winter.

A mule deer doe eating in an alfalfa field.

Some wildflowers.

Back in the Salt Lake valley. A couple of very pregnant pronghorn does on one of the ranches just outside of the city.

A pronghorn buck looking at the does.

I felt bad for this young buck. You can see the injuries on his neck, probably from a barbed wire fence like the one he is standing next to. He and the buck in the picture above were separated by the fence, and the young one wanted to join his friend on the other side but was not willing to cross the fence. I have several photos of the older buck trying to encourage his younger friend to join him on the other side.

A great Blue Heron hunting mice, or baby birds in the grass. I have a few shots of some red winged blackbirds dive bombing this heron when it approached their nest.

A pair of cinnamon teals and an American avocet on a small island in a pond.

A western king bird.

Thanks for looking.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow