X: 60mm f/2.4 or (faster!) legacy lens for portraits?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Anfy
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,386
Like?
X: 60mm f/2.4 or (faster!) legacy lens for portraits?
7 months ago

We all know what is the perfect lens for portraits in Fujifilm X system, but it comes at a price which I cannot afford nor justify at the moment.

I own the kit lens (18-55mm), but at f/4 on the long side, it is a bit dark for portraits.

I have some legacy glasses too - most notably two f/1.2 Nikkors (no, unfortunately not the Noct ) - suitable for portraits (a 50mm and a 55mm); however snapping focus at their maximum aperture, even with the excellent focus aids of X-E1 upgraded to last firmware, is a bit of a pain. I can surely make use of them for casual shooting, but for "serious" work, an AF lens is of course better, at least for my tired, "old" eyes.

So, I was thinking to get - since it comes quite cheap - a 60mm f/2.4; I could also wait for the new WR 16-55mm f/2.8, but I guess it will cost a good amount of money.

(As a side note, I think that a - say - 50mm f/1.8, with OS and at good price, would still make sense in the Fujifilm lineup (I know no X primes come stabilized right now, but look at the Sony E-mount (NEX) 50mm f/1.8 OSS, a decent, low cost portrait lens: which is to say that is possible to make such a glass)).

Any thoughts?

Ciao!

-- hide signature --

Viva la evolución!

Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow