Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 22,029Gear list
Like?
Flying Birdies, Big and Small (A6000)
6 months ago

Yesterday was a lovely day, finally some sun and blue skies (OK, cloudy blue skies, but blue was visible!) for the first time since I've had the A6000.  Since I'm limited to shooting wildlife on the weekend, usually Saturdays, I have to hope the weather lottery gives me a win on the weekend, but it's been quite the opposite until yesterday.

Enjoyed the day, with both sitting and flying birds and other beasts...and wanted to share a wide selection of different birds flying around in the skies of South Florida.  All shots A6000 + 55-210mm lens and DH1758 TC on some shots, which I added to the comments when used:

Starting with the smallest and fastest - the speedy little purple martin - here coming in superfast and straight on, low over the grasses hunting for dragonflies (DH1758)

Here, a purple martin soars up high into the blue skies (DH1758)

A pretty speckled limpkin flying past the green lush trees (DH1758)

A black-necked stilt hovering near her nest, working on scaring off a bird who was straying too close

A great blue heron, flying in low right over the water and just starting to lift, to get over the boardwalk which I'm standing on

A beautiful great egret spreading its wings and standing out against the blue sky

Ducks fly at only one speed - full!  This pretty black-bellied whistling duck blew by in some nice sunlight and partly cloudy skies (DH1758)

Cattle egret gliding by the cloudy backdrop

A cattle egret with the landing gear down as it approaches its nest (DH1758)

A lovely tricolor heron passing through the shadows and dark water background, while illuminated by a shaft of light

Comments, questions, and critique welcome as always!

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow