Is this forum quietening down?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
emem
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,393Gear list
Like?
Very close but still no coconut ...........
In reply to kikivrany, 7 months ago

kikivrany wrote:

I'm also one of those, who think the current cameras like K5II and K3 are just too good,

so that there remain only a little room for P-TTL talks ... but even that seems to be gone with the K3

On the other hand that would leave more time for picture threads. But for that, in my personal view, I really miss the older DPR design. In the todays design, pictures only looks well when you click on it. But this view is then outsourced and you lost the connection with the text in the thread. Also most pictures get from DPR not well downsized. Ok it may be good for users who have a low bandwidth, but it's not good for the IQ of the pictures.

In the early days, this forum was a meeting place for enthusiast photographers AND gear heads. Now it is largely a meeting place for gear heads (read "boring as bat-sh!t").  There is little exchange of ideas or techniques, just endless discussions and posts about gear. Yes, it is a gear orientated forum but unfortunately there are few decent photographers amongst us now, and a healthy forum for such a minority brand as Pentax needs both. The image posts are, with a few exceptions, uninspired, perhaps it has something to do with DPRs rendering and interface. But whatever the reason, pictures that are basically snapshots just shouldn't even be posted in a photography forum.  I tend to think that most of the real photographers have become bored and moved on. And yes, I predicted this 18 months or two years ago. Too many precious souls complaining and putting people on ignore. Too many Moderator incursions. There's no spice in the forum now and precious little real photography.

If many of you bother to even read this (for whatever reason) I'll get bagged out for saying these things I'm sure. But hey - don't shoot the messenger.

-- hide signature --

Mike McEnaney. (emem)
www.veritasmea.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow