Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Perry Kivolowitz
Regular MemberPosts: 267Gear list
Like?
Switching back to Nikon for portraiture
3 months ago

For the past six months I've shot graduation portraits (about 600 subjects) with an X-E2 and X-E1. I use Einsteins from Paul C Buff. I have not been able to make the RAFs look like the JPEGs, not by a long shot, using Lightroom 5.x. Shooting in F+RAW, I've been using the JPEGs.

Before I switched completely to Fuji (for a May and December graduation) I used a pair of Nikon bodies. I knew exactly what to expect from the NEFs.

I love the Fuji's and will not trade them, but I'm glad I kept one of my Nikon bodies - I'll be using that for next December graduation.

This might easily be all due to Lightroom's deficiencies. But, the fact is the Fuji body does a lot of post processing on its JPEGs. I can't get Lightroom to reproduce the look of the in-body conversions and that bothers me.

Link to RAF

Below are the OOC jpg (bottom) and OOC RAW conversion (Lightroom defaults).

I should mention I am NOT a professional and do these as a donation to the students.

Perry Kivolowitz's gear list:Perry Kivolowitz's gear list
Nikon D7000 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +8 more
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LMAONew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow