Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
electricl
Junior MemberPosts: 40Gear list
Like?
So I bought a X-E1...
6 months ago

and I'm totally in love with this camera. I used to own a X100, still regret selling it, and when the X100s came out I got one. At first I really liked it until I noticed this painterly effect on some shots. It annoyed me a lot. I guess Lightroom couldn't get the most out of the X100s files. Anyway, the camera broke after two weeks and I returned it and never looked back.

So, here I am again with a camera with an Xtrans sensor not knowing what to expect, it turns out I didn't have to worry about a thing! LR 5.4 handles the raw files really well and I also have Iridient Developer that works even better than LR 5.4 with the X-E1 but the workflow is not as smooth as LR.

I only shoot with legacy lenses, mostly Contax RTS. They work beautifully on the camera. I like the VF even though my A7 vf is bigger and more responsive.

Here are some samples with various lenses.

My son (to the right) with his cousin Carl Zeiss vario-Sonnar 100-300 wideopen

My kids. Canon FDn 85 1.2L @f2

Canon FDn 85 1.2L @f2

Canon FDn 85 1.2L @f2

Carl Zeiss Distagon 35 1.4 wideopen or f2...I can't remember.

electricl's gear list:electricl's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-E1 Sony Alpha 7 Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM +10 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow