Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
petreluk
Regular MemberPosts: 337
Like?
Re: Is this forum quietening down?
In reply to DAVID MANZE, 4 months ago

DAVID MANZE wrote:

Hi guys,

I've been noticing that this site is quietening down recently, the first page has posts dating back three days "before" it hits the bottom, it surprises me as I think Pentax (under Ricoh) is better placed in the market than a few years ago, perhaps we don't need to fight so hard anymore

I have noticed the same thing over at Pentaxforums dot com. My guess is that either the whole digital imaging thang has quietened down or that a lot of long-standing Pentax users have looked at Ricoh's extremely mysterious stewardship of Pentax - what were Ricoh thinking then and what are they thinking now? - then drawn their conclusions and moved on. This may particularly apply to enthusiasts, traditionally the backbone of Pentax, who I suspect tend to be more active online. Ricoh may well be selling more camera these days and turning in much better financials - I don't know, though it would be nice if true - but to different kinds of customer.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow