Is this forum quietening down?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
22codfish
Regular MemberPosts: 225Gear list
Like?
Out of sight, out of mind, out of business
In reply to DAVID MANZE, 4 months ago

My reply title comes from a post title in the "Open Talk" forum.  The thread is not about Pentax, but I sure thought of Pentax when I read the title.
I'm pleased to read here that Pentax is concentrating in India and China, because the Pentax brand has disappeared from advertising here in Canada.  Has anyone read their financials and reports? Can the Asian concentration be confirmed? I hope it can. Every brand has to expand their customer base.  This can't happen for Pentax here, if Pentax is out of sight. Where are the new guys?It doesn't matter to me; I'm happy with my Pentax gear and will try to remain one camera model behind for now.  Something to look forward to, and I'm a slow learner of such advanced technicial equipment anyway.  However, I keep seeing the same names contributing to this forum during the last two years I've had my Pentax.  Pentax is not the only brand forum where such thoughts have been posted.  Maybe the whole camera thing is a bit quiet right now?  I still have my Nikon FM and a couple of lens.  When I decided to purchase a DSLR, it was a toss-up.  I was convinced by a UTube video of an American soldier in Afganistan; who covered his K5 and lens in dirt and then washed it off.  Also, at that time a camera technician told me he saw a most popular camera lens ruined by the owner with wet hands.  I thought if your going to spend a lot on camera gear, it would be nice to be able to use it whenever, at the beach or in wet weather.  Looking back, that video of the soldier's demostration meant more to me than any Pentax advertising.

22codfish's gear list:22codfish's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28 Pentax Optio M10 Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow