Should i exchange my canon 17-55 2.8 for another one? Would you?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Cameranoobie
Regular MemberPosts: 347
Like?
Re: Should i exchange my canon 17-55 2.8 for another one? Would you?
In reply to Hank3152, 7 months ago

Hank3152 wrote:

Sure, you could go back and inspect another lens but the 17-55f/2.8 is known for acquiring dust and installing a filter will not prevent more from getting in. The good thing is that a little bit of dust won't affect your images.......

........when you get enough where it bothers you send it in for cleaning before the warranty expires.

-- hide signature --

"Five out of four people have trouble with fractions."
Regards,
Hank

I decided not to get a filter because it wont prevent any dust from getting in, plus im not spending those ridiculous amounts on one.

I do think that a $1000 lens shouldnt have any dust out of the box.  To have dust inside out of the box is just unacceptable.  I know it wont affect image quality, but why get a head start with dust already inside when its never been used?

Each time im using mine, im monitoring it everyday to see if theres anymore dust.  From my research reading online, people either have one where it attracts dust like crazy and others have ones where they claim they have no dust inside and attracts no dust over time.  So this is why im sticking a flashlight in mine everyday to see.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow