Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mtomko
New MemberPosts: 9Gear list
Like?
RAW support for EM-10
5 months ago

I have been an Aperture user for several year and have a fair amount of time and organization invested in it. I bought an EM-10 when it was released and have been very disappointed by the delay in getting support for EM-10 raw files. We are expecting our first child any day now, and I would love to shoot those first pictures in raw mode, but I also want to make sure I'll be able to process them.

I played a bit with a trial version of Photoninja, and while it did handle the raw file I had sitting around, I didn't love the results I got with it (although I probably have a lot to learn about the program). It would (I think) actually be cheaper for me to buy Lightroom anyway, but again, I'm sure there'd be a learning curve.

The last possibility would be to shoot in RAW+JPEG mode (I haven't checked to see if the camera has that option, but I assume it's a possibility), but then I'd still have to wait to process the raw files, although I could share JPEGs right away.

What are other EM-10 users doing? Should I be giving Photoninja a serious look, and maybe really try to learn how to use it? Should I just bail and get Lightroom? Or should I just sit on it and wait for Apple Camera Raw to support my camera?

mtomko's gear list:mtomko's gear list
Nikon D90 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF +6 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow