Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zal_kindi
New MemberPosts: 13Gear list
Like?
X-T1 Sensor Cleaning
5 months ago

I noticed a round spot of dirt on my X-T1 sensor, and I think it is a dried up liquid droplet.  Embarrassingly, I think the source of the drop is my mouth because I was talking to somebody while changing the lens!  Being my first mirrorless, I didn't realise how easy it is to get dirt directly onto the sensor.  I couldn't get hold of the Visible Dust wet cleaning solution which seems to be the most popular, so I bought a locally available product called Green Clean Wet & Dry which also consists of a wet sponge on a stick, followed by a lint-free wipe on a stick to dry the liquid.  I managed to remove the spot and seem to get a clean spot free picture when taking a small aperture long exposure of a white card so it seems to have worked.  However when I look with a magnifying class, I still see some minor residue lines on the sensor which I am obsessing over.  I think they were left behind by the cleaning process. I don't want keep rubbing the sensor and risk damage.

Is it even possible to get a 100% clean sensor, even looking at it with a magnifier?

Would the residue streaks I saw have an effect on the image quality if I can't see them on the white card test?

Any other advice?

Thanks

zal_kindi's gear list:zal_kindi's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +8 more
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow