DAVID MANZE
Senior MemberPosts: 1,696Gear list
Like?
Re: It's because Ricoh is a boring brand owner
In reply to Zvonimir Tosic, 5 months ago

Zvonimir Tosic wrote:

DAVID MANZE wrote:

Hi guys,

I've been noticing that this site is quietening down recently, the first page has posts dating back three days "before" it hits the bottom, it surprises me as I think Pentax (under Ricoh) is better placed in the market than a few years ago, perhaps we don't need to fight so hard anymore!

-- hide signature --

Dave's clichés

Take a look at Ricoh forum; only more languid forum on DPR is the Konica Minolta Forum. There is a pattern to it, as all these brands were first purchased, then left in open air of uncertainty. What happened to Konica-Minolta's assets is that they were made into a scrambled egg with lettuce snack by Sony. And then left aside.

Things like that — definite and positive movements in all fronts not just one, clear and non-dubious statements as opposed to confusing and misdirected messages — they can make things exciting even among long-time users.

But when the only tangible news is the K-3, and the 645Z remains a science fiction to almost all forum members, there is only as much we can talk about: the situation is exactly the same as when we have had the K5 and the 645D.

• The gap between lines is same.
  • The lens problems (focal lengths missing, SDM issues, etc.) is still same.
  • Marketing problems (inaudible and invisible presence) is still same.

That time lost for Pentax, was given by Ricoh to other manufacturers to advance forward and establish themselves as even better choices in some regards. Think Fuji. Think Olympus.

-- hide signature --

Your certainly right about Fuji and Olympus; it's action all the way and good responses especially from Fuji, , Sony also continues to bring out cutting edge stuff, now the K3 has been around for a while I think it will take some time before we see the replacement, and that could mean a dead calm product wise.

We've had some sort of run (by Pentax standards) the K3, a teleconverter, the limited 20-40mm and some sort of commitment by Sigma which gives us some hope, but it looks like we will be back to the snails pace of an odd lens here, a rip off slide copier there and a lot of delays backed by a strong output of silence from Ricoh. (which is proving to be true vis a vis machine gun mirror syndrome, not a word)

Where are we supposed to buy our Pentax telephoto lenses? Even Ebay turns over more Pentax lenses than Ricoh.

A business psychologist would probably say that Ricoh has an attitude behavioral problem!

BTW the fix the SDM issue still remains the most popular topic and still not an official word about it from  P/R.

Dave's clichés

DAVID MANZE's gear list:DAVID MANZE's gear list
Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow