Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
gaddigad
Senior MemberPosts: 1,610Gear list
Like?
Re: Is this forum quietening down?
In reply to DAVID MANZE, 5 months ago

DAVID MANZE wrote:

Hi guys,

I've been noticing that this site is quietening down recently, the first page has posts dating back three days "before" it hits the bottom, it surprises me as I think Pentax (under Ricoh) is better placed in the market than a few years ago, perhaps we don't need to fight so hard anymore!

-- hide signature --

Dave's clichés

For a company, ignorance is worse than 'complaints' (aka "rant'..). They may be better off than under Hoya. Pentax / Asahi developed SR, built a full frame DSLR, issued the most compact aps-c DSLRs, had power zooms on SLRs, developed lots of interesting and affordable high qualiity lenses (24-90 3.5-4.5 anyone, 28-70 F4, 300 f2.8 just to name a few) and coined the ingenious 'Pentax Colors' meme which Hoya thoroughly extinguished and Ricoh never bothered to take interest in, so far. And now all the rage (for better or for worse) is in the Fuji/Sony/Olympus/Panasonic/Samsung grounds. Pentax can (at the very least) be as interesting as Olympus, another classic photo dinosaur that reinvented itself.

-- hide signature --

Ask not what your camera can do for you, but what you can do for your camera
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/gs-photos

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow