Trouble adding GPS location data to images on Panasonic GM1

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
evadim
Junior MemberPosts: 39Gear list
Like?
Re: Daylight Savings Time Issue?
In reply to SidSnot, 2 months ago

SidSnot wrote:

Thanks for the idea but it's just an extra thing to have to carry around.

I bought this gaget then got bored to search charger for smartphone on weekend trips to somewhere - smatrphone GPS logger drain battery in 4-6 hours, and at the end of the day I was without phone and GPS data.

I'm carrying my iPhone and my GM1 which is as small as it gets for this format, don't want to be lugging around another gadget...

On the other side - gadget very simple - it have power switch and button which make "waypoint" on track. Turn on, drop to backpack/pocket and forgot about it. It work at least day, sometimes 2 without charge.

The times are synced correctly, (not on daylight savings/summertime here down under)

Daylight not as important as few seconds, which I need to catch then correlate photos

It seems to me the GPS function in this app is totally useless - it only logs data when the app is the current one - can't switch to anything else and have it running in the background like any other GPS/Geotag apps will do - I think Panasonic need to fix this up as at the moment it is not fit for purpose and breaks an attractive function of the GM1...

Totally agree here. Looks like it works then you shoot via smartphone. But, I suspect, if they make app which works in background in camera and in phone - both batteris drain really fast...

Oh well, back to the Geotag app in my iPhone, a bit fiddly but it works..

evadim's gear list:evadim's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow