Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hindesite
Senior MemberPosts: 1,244
Like?
Downtown Dubai
3 months ago

A few shots of downtown Dubai, taken last week.

These were all taken with the G6 and various lenses. Of particular interest is that these were all JPGs, edited on a Galaxy Note 8.0 using Snapseed.

It is hard to communicate the gratification gained from (and people's response to) being able to near instantly edit and display and share photos, rather than waiting to get home, edit them on a PC and then share them weeks later. The Note 8.0 has been my only computer for the last month spent traveling and it has been excellent.

This was particularly relevant when sharing wedding photos at breakfast the morning after the wedding, and being able to share and send them all over the world (something the two professional wedding photographers who shot the event would have benefited from). We still haven't seen their photos.

I was prepared to find that when I was finally able to view these images properly, there would be obvious shortcomings not visible on the tablet screen (such as blocky or striped skies), but IMHO despite some issues, these hold up as being good enough, which is all that I want.

Anyway, the photos. Downtown Dubai:

Burj Khalifa, lake and surrounding buildings, view from our apartment balcony.

Burj Khalifa from the lakefront

View across the lake and fountains

Fountains. What a show...they draw huge crowds.

Palace Hotel courtyard, with the Burj Khalifa in the background.

Thanks for looking.

-- hide signature --
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow