Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
José B
Forum ProPosts: 17,289Gear list
Like?
Mr. Bokeh strikes again with A6000+Sonnar 1.8/55
2 months ago

I had another shoot today using the A6000, Zeiss Sonnar 1.8/55 and Touit 1.8/32. Wow, can't believe that all these including my Sony F43 flash would fit into a Tommy Hilfiger camera bag. It's really great to lift a lighter load so it wasn't too heavy to also carry the model's belongings.

As I've said before I love the sun but this time it was overcast. I was anxious to test the new gear under this flat lighting conditions. I have to admit I was looking forward to it after seeing Marla2008's beautiful low ISO A6000 portrait shots awhile back. When I saw her silky smooth images, I said to myself I want tons of those!!! I was more impressed by her images than the high ISO shots from the fashion shoot I did with the pre-production A6000.

Here's the link to the shoot today. I will be adding more to it. I'm really ecstatic about the color, contrast and bokeh of the Zeiss lenses. I know some of you are huge fans of DXO (I'm not, got the Sonnar after I saw Brian Smith and Mr. T-man's images) thus I might as well say this again. If you believe that the SEL50/1.8 is a better choice for APS-C, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. I had one----it's an excellent lens at a reasonable price but I prefer the color and contrast of the Sonnar. Also, although the Sonnar is about an 82mm in FF terms, I feel that it is a tad longer than 85mm (I tested it against my 85LII+5DMKII and somehow the Sonnar +NEX-6/Alpha 6000 zooms in longer) which in any case is great for headshots. Lastly, I came from Canon and APS-C/APS-H (1.6x & 1.27x respectively) owners have been buying full-frame Ls since the 10D/1D were launched over 10 years ago.

http://www.pbase.com/jmb_56/a6000_dana

Cheers,

José

José B's gear list:José B's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM +10 more
Canon EOS 10D Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow