Is it fair to say I won't get any of this moire nonsense in video on the A6000?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
2eyesee
Senior MemberPosts: 1,662
Like?
Is it fair to say I won't get any of this moire nonsense in video on the A6000?
7 months ago

Last year I owned an NEX-6, and was terribly disappointed with the excessive aliasing and moire in video. I ended up selling it because of this and picking up an RX100M2, which completely resolved the problem.

Here a 100% crop of a comparison between the RX100M2 and NEX-6:

I'm now interested in the A6000 as I'd like to be able to put a fast prime on it to shoot shallow DOF portraits. From what

Some of what I've been reading suggests Sony have cleaned there act up with respect to aliasing/moire in A6000 video, but there have been some mixed opinions too so I'd like to get some feedback from users of this forum.

I particular, if anyone has an RX100 or RX100M2 and an A6000, it would be great to see a comparison like the one above (the close near-horizontal lines are a clasic moire 'stress test').

The only other negative of the NEX-6 that I had was the AF speed, which certainly seems to have been addressed in the A6000. I can use the ECM-XYST1M mic from my RX100M2. So if aliasing/moire in video is no longer a problem, the A6000 would be perfect for me - what's not to like?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Sony a6000 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony RX100 Sony RX100 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow