Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Feudal1
Regular MemberPosts: 331Gear list
Like?
G1X Mark II vs The Hot Air Balloons
2 months ago

I got myself up out of bed this morning at 4:45am (!!!), to drive to Turf Valley, a golf resort just west of Baltimore, MD.  Why?  To shoot hot air balloons that were scheduled to lift off between 6am and 6:30am.  I took two cameras with me - my D800e SLR, and my little G1X Mark II.  There was a nice selection of hot air balloons, which was great.  However, I was disappointed to learn that the balloons would not be taking off because of the weather (too much wind up at the level where the balloons would travel).  I was hoping to take a shot of a sky filled with hot air balloons slowly floating towards the horizon.

Despite the disappointment of not getting the shot I really wanted to take, there were still some balloons to shoot.  And the weather was great - cool, crisp air, and clear skies with a couple of clouds.  Here are a few that I took this morning with the G1X Mark II:

Feudal1's gear list:Feudal1's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Ricoh GR RX100 III Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
G1 X II Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow